We extend a free razor honing service for those who would like to try a shave with a Coticule honed straight razor.
Some rules apply:
- We extend this service only to our registered members. One razor per request. Membership is free.
- Once honed, the straight razor is intended for shaving only. Shaving with a straight razor is an acquired skill. The honed razor will be extremely sharp and a possible danger when handled without proper care and knowledge.
- The razor must be serviceable. No visible damage or corrosion on the blade.
- The honing service will be free. Postage fees both ways are yours. We haven't had problems with razors getting lost in the mail so far, yet now is the time to point out that we do not take any responsibility in case something goes wrong in the mail. If you want insured postage, please ask.
- Please fill out the form below. We'll get back to you with further details.
We've had some past issues with people not understanding point 3 of the above rules. Second hand razors that haven't shaved for many years, generally require more work than a regular honing job.
If we judge that the razor is not serviceable, we will give you a price quote for restoring the razor to serviceable condition. This assessment and price quote is free. Should you decide not to take that option, the razor will be send back to you as we received it. Shipping costs are due.